Q. How quickly can I be up and running on TruView Live?
A. Using the Virtual Pulse or Global Pulse, your organization can be monitoring your business-critical applications in just minutes. If you would like to use the TruView Live Pulse 1000 at any of your locations, we will typically ship within 1-2 days of your TruView Live account activation.
Q. What is a Pulse?
A: A “pulse” is a tool that captures monitored services’ data. There are 3 types of pulses:
- TruView Live Pulse 1000: a micro-appliance that can be physically deployed at any location. It eliminates the need to find a host computer for monitoring services and allows IT to control the device and ensure its availability, security, etc.
- Virtual Pulse: a simple, easy-to-download application that can be quickly set up at in remote location. This pulse captures the same data as the micro-appliance TruView Pulse, but is set up as an application on a machine, rather than a physical piece of hardware.
- Global Pulse: a "public" pulse located in Amazon Data Centers around the world. A Global Pulse can be set up to monitor services from another area of the world.
Q. What is a Monitored Service?
A: A Monitored Service is any "test" or "monitoring" you want to perform to measure response time, service quality, up/down state, SLA, etc. A monitored service is defined by the "destination" that is to be tested/monitored. Examples of monitored services include:
- A Website
- SaaS application hosted in the cloud
- Software application in the datacenter
Q. How many Monitored Services do I need?
A: The number of monitored services you need is based on the number of services (or "destinations") you want to monitor or test. There is no limit to the number of monitored services you can set up – pricing varies based on number of services (or "destinations") being monitored. Consider which applications are critical to your business - these could include SaaS services hosted in the cloud, or applications in your data center.
Q. What if I have more than 25 services I want to monitor?
A: No problem! The "Enterprise" tier can be customized to fit your organization’s needs. TruView Live is flexible and scalable to meet any size - providing visibility and management of scope and severity at any level. Contact us to discuss your specific needs.
Q. How do I work TruView Live into my budget?
A: Because TruView Live is a subscription-based model, it is typically in an Operating Budget, rather than the CapEx Budget, making it easier to quickly subscribe and grow as you need.